I’m freaking out. There are lots of readings assigned for this week and just looking at the calendar, it seems like we have so many things due soon. I like to plan things out but now I feel like I’m already drowning before the race even began.
But here are some highlights nonetheless:
– Read assigned articles to EP on the way up to Squamish and pretend it was a podcast
– Took advantage of the sunny day and listed down all upcoming assignments into my new agenda (spent over an hour looking for the perfect agenda at Indigo downtown)
– Participated in a video shoot for SFU because why not 😉
– EP packed hainanese chicken with quinoa for lunch!
– Team discussion on what are the most important things for us, what we are looking for, and what we are willing to give up. Our team decided on three main things:
1) To create and foster a positive team culture
2) To complete all our assignments on time with a quality we are proud of
3) To stay humble and open to feedback
I wrote that I’m willing to give up unexpressed expectations. I do that a lot, not just at school but in personal life, and I know by practicing giving it up, I will be much happier. Like Shakespeare said, expectation is the root of all heartaches. With EP too now, I try to let him know in advance just so he has a clear understanding and be on the same page as me.
Today is the end of the 2nd week yet it feels like I have been in school for much longer. I haven’t talked to most people in class, but I think I’m starting to get a handle of all their names now.