12 days of epic adventures. That’s what I’ll forever remember my trip with Greg, Danielle, Crystal, and Vicky as.
When I told Greg and Danielle I’m moving to Indonesia back in February, they told they would come visit me one day. I didn’t know then that it would come true just months after I left. We spent months talking about it, weeks planning it, and I know this would be one trip we’ll continue to tell others about for years.
What exactly made this trip particularly memorable? Well here’s what we did:
- Day 0: Korea
- Day 1: Seafood dinner at Jimbaran
- Day 2: Trekked with komodo dragons at Rinca Island and hiked Padar Island, slept on a boat
- Day 3: Snorkelled for 6 hours and saw bats, monkeys, dolphins, manta rays, lots and lots of fish, slept on a boat
- Day 4: Travelled back to Bali and reunited with Vicky, swam at midnight
- Day 5: Reunited with Crystal, lunch at Bebek Tepi sawah, enjoyed the Bamboo Palace (https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1878334)
- Day 6: Visited UC Silver, travelled to Kawah Gunung Ijen
- Day 7: Hiked Kawah Ijen right at 2am til 6am, visited a raw sugar cookery, rode on top of a land cruiser through a jungle, travelled to Sukamade Turtle Refuge and accompanied a 35-year old female turtle back to the ocean
- Day 8: Released baby turtles to the ocean and had 2-hours massage til midnight
- Day 9: Chill day at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran and flew to Jogjakarta and reunited with Crystal once again
- Day 10: Cave tubing at Pindul Cave during a heavy down pour, learned about Indonesian traditional shadow puppet, ate at the famous Bakmi Kadin, walked through the busyMarlioboro, Jogjakarta street
- Day 11: Visited and learned all about Borobudur and Candi Prambanan, Yogyakarta – Jawa Tengah, Indonesia, learned about Batik Indonesia (both for fabric making and painting), visited Bakpia Pathok 25 Jogjakarta factory, ate at the original Gudeg Yu Jum, Wijilan, flew to Jakarta
- Day 12: Had Martabak Pecenongan 65A Bandung Asli for breakfast and stuffed our faces at The Cafe Hotel Mulia Senayan buffet, walked around Grand Indonesia to buy MUJI 無印良品生活研究所 and Uniqlo, watched THE SECRET IN THEIR EYES on theatre beds
Some of the activities were so special that I would even consider it a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I’m thankful for the friends that shared them with me.
The total trip costs us around CAD$1500 per person (excluding the round trip flight from Vancouver).
If you are interested in going to any of these places, here’s the list of people that made this trip possible for us:
|Price||Rp. 7.5jt ++|
|What’s included||Private boat + accomodation
3 meals a day
Pick up from airport
|Price||Rp. 3.8jt ++|
|What’s included||Car rental
Guide Kawah Ijen
Baby turtle release
|Organizer/Driver||Bahai Tour Organizer|
|What’s included||Car rental
Transportation from/to airport
Here’s our detailed schedule as well! I’ve researched each place and their proximity with each other.
I’m not a travel blogger by any means but I do love travelling and I take great pleasure in planning my trips. But I know how overwhelming it could be if you don’t even know what to look for, so I hope this would help you get some ideas of what you can do in Indonesia. I can’t wait for the next opportunity to do even more!